Douglas J. Bennett, FSA
2402 Boxwood Lane
Amelia Island, FL 32034
Mr. Bennett is a member of the Marketing and Distribution Section of the Society ofActuaries (SOA). He worked for 23 years at Milliman, an actuarial consulting firm, where he was an Equity Principal and co-managed the Hartford life insurance practice. He subsequently helped create a life insurance telemarketing organization. He previously worked at LIMRA International, where his projects included company expense and performance analysis and strategic and technology planning.
- Benchmarked agent and agency manager compensation packages against industry.
- Provided design assistance, including cash flow projections, for public pension financing solution.
- Analyzed an individual’s pension payout options and discussed potential risks and risk-minimization strategies.
- Currently developing precious metals based retirement income product as an alternative to traditional income annuities.
In the news
- Katie Johnston and Deirdre Fernandes, “MassMutual in talks to acquire MetLife’s insurance agent business,” Boston Globe, 2/25/2016. Commentary on Mass Mutual’s potential purchase of MetLife’s life insurance sales force.
- 2015 SOA Annual Meeting presentation discussing the latest middle market research from the Marketing and Distribution Section of the SOA.
- Co-authored The Art and Science of Life Insurance Distribution, ACTEX Publications, 2014.
Glenn S. Daily, CFP®, ChFC, CLU
PO Box 287415
New York, NY 10128-0024
Glenn S. Daily is one of the few fee-only life insurance advisors in the U.S. He provides consulting services to individuals, businesses, trustees and other professionals. More information is at glenndaily.com
Mr. Daily has provided sell-side and buy-side life settlement analysis since 2006. His primary focus is on accurately modeling every policy detail to produce reliable premium optimizations. In one case, he discovered that the insurance company had made a mistake in calculating the guaranteed premium on a no-lapse universal life policy, and the company re-issued the contract with a lower premium.
Mr. Daily is a regular resource for journalists throughout the U.S. He is a Certified Financial Planner™ certificant, a Chartered Financial Consultant, a Chartered Life Underwriter, a New York-licensed Life Insurance Consultant and a graduate of Princeton University.
John R. Skar, FSA
10 Laurel Lane
Wilbraham, MA 01095
John R. Skar, FSA, is a retired life insurance actuary with over 30 years of management experience in the U.S. and international life insurance industry.
Mr. Skar was the Senior Vice President and Chief Actuary and Chief Risk Officer at MassMutual Financial Group from 1999 to 2007. Prior to MassMutual, he was the Chief Actuary with three different life companies. His responsibilities at MassMutual included review of all product development activity as well as the actuarial aspects of financial reporting. He also had oversight responsibilities for MassMutual’s three life insurance companies in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Tokyo.
While at MassMutual, Mr. Skar lectured extensively at industry conferences and wrote several articles on the life settlement industry, which was evolving rapidly during that time. Since his retirement, he has been involved in the valuation of several blocks of existing life settlement policies on behalf of investors seeking to acquire. right;